Monday, December 3, 2007

We Won

We WON. Karen, Marie Osmond & Kevin
Ok, now this is not what you think. I'm not talking about the Ohio State Buckeyes going to the National Championship, even though I'm a big football fan and I may talk about them in the future. I'm talking about winning two tickets to see the Marie Osmond Christmas concert last night. It all started last week when I got a call from Quilting Treasures, the manufacturer of the 1st ever Marie Osmond fabric line called Heirloom Garden. Seems that by ordering this beautiful fabric, (which by the way we still have some in stock) I was entered into a contest for two tickets to her concert and I won. So, off we traveled last night in the POURING rain to Van Wert, Ohio, yes I said Van Wert, to their beautiful new Performing Arts Center and saw Marie perform. It was a really small venue, just 850 people. I was told to report to will call for the tickets and they couldn't find the tickets. So, I thought, we drove all the way up here in the pouring rain to a sold out concert and we have no tickets. Never fear they took us to the venue manager and he had our two tickets along with our back stage passes to meet Marie with him. The concert was very nice and she had 7 of her 8 children with her who came on stage. Her oldest son sang a couple songs, too and boy, can he really sing. So, after the concert we were invited backstage to meet Marie. It was rather quick, just a quick picture and we were gone but she is very beautiful in person and gracious. So, here's the picture and ooops, had I know I was going to meet her, I'd have left the tennis shoes at home. Oh well, I don't think she noticed.

2 comments:

1ofsix said...

How exciting! I love the Osmonds! I think Donny should still wear purple socks and it turns out I may be a little more country than rock-n-roll. I can't wait to see Marie's fabric line.

Tabby said...

Wow, how cool for you! I'm sure the concert was wonderful. I will have to come see Marie's fabric line, I'll .... probably really like it.