Don't have time for quilting? Here are 5 easy steps to get more quilting time with ease.
5. Carry a quilting magazine with you where ever you go. It's easy to pull it out when you have a few spare minutes. It's an fun way to de-stress since you're thinking about your favorite past time and get your creative juices flowing when you do get to your sewing space. And, if there's nothing in the magazine you want to keep, consider leaving it at the doctor's office and maybe you'll inspire a new quilter. Plus, wouldn't it be more fun to sit down at the doctor's office and see a quilting magazine rather than another article about Britney Spears!
4. Clean your sewing space. Ok, now I know this doesn't sound like fun.... but, if you take just a little time to be organized the next time you step into your space, you'll be ready to finish your latest project.
3. Make a list. Once your space is clean and organized, make a list of the most pressing projects to finish or supplies you need for your next project. Cross them off your list as you finish the projects and you'll feel a sense of accomplishment and you'll be ready to tackle the next project on you list.
2. Carry hand work with you. Have a little bag by the door or even in your car so when you find time on your hands, you'll have that little applique project or punchneedle ready to occupy that precious free time and make you smile!
1. Get up early. Try getting up one hour early one day per week. For me, this is my primary sewing time. I usually get up around 5:30 and sew for an hour each morning. I get a lot done and I don't feel like I've taken time out of my busy day. Plus, it's a happy way to start my day with my most favorite hobby .... QUILTING!